40 Days & 40 Nights Soul Cleanse


After we experience a lot of stress it is always good to take a step back, reflect, and rebuild.

Recently, I went through some slightly traumatic events, all caused by my own irresponsibility. I found myself behaving in a manner I couldn't respect and realized -- I NEED TO GET MY LIFE.


Therefore, I created a 40 day and 40 night soul cleanse, somewhat similar to lent, but to teach myself discipline and help me focus on what's actually important in my life.


Now, whether it's getting a grip on our personal lives, reevaluating our career choices, or deciding to live a healthier lifestyle, the best way to restart is to cleanse.


I discovered one must rid themselves of all the negative things that have been consuming their life and start anew.


Soul cleansing gives you the opportunity to focus on yourself and your body and make sure YOU are your number one priority.


**Now below are some guidelines and rules you should follow, but feel free to change or correct the cleanse to your own personal lifestyle. You do not have to follow my exact instructions, these are adjusted to my personal desires and needs**


The Guidelines

To begin, you must create FIVE personal goals for yourself that you can complete within the 40 days.
Example:
• Go to at least 20 open mics
• Book at least 1 stand-up gig
• Perfect 5 new jokes
• Make a new stand-up set
• Find a stand-up guru

After making your personal goals, you have to create an exercising regime that you know you can stick to.

Example:
• Go running or bike riding five times a week
• Work-out three times a week
• Do yoga at least once a week


Finally, after figuring out how to work on the outside of your body, you need to make a list of what you'll be putting in it.
Example:
I will only allow myself to eat the following foods...


FRUIT
apples, bananas, grapes, oranges, pears, blueberries, and strawberries


VEGGIES
bell peppers, celery, carrots, romaine lettuce, cabbage, onion, potatoes, baby spinach, corn, broccoli, cauliflower, lima beans, and peas


MEAT & PROTEIN
chickpeas, lentils, red, black, white, or pinto beans, chicken breasts and fish


What To Avoid

1. SEX
You want to spend as much time working on yourself and your body as you possibly can. For me, I use sex as an escape, and I use it irresponsible, therefore I must reevaluate my sexual activity and teach myself sexual discipline.


2. ALCOHOL
Not only can alcohol be used as a coping mechanism, but it is also a depressant, not to mention the amount of calories it contains.


3. TOXINS/ARTIFICIAL FOODS
Toxins alter your hormones and create acne all over your body. For a proper soul cleanse, you have to learn to eat healthy and natural.
This means NO:
Soda
Fruticose Corn Syrup
Whole Milk
Candy
Fried Foods
Bagels/Bread
and
Chocolate

Again, feel free to alter your diet to whatever works for you.


Currently, I am now on day 10 of the cleanse. I miss drinking, a lot and I really want pancakes or a hamburger. But I've learned to replace soda with flavored seltzer water and candy with blueberries and chopped mangos.


Physically, I feel less fatigued and I've been pushing myself to work-out and stretch everyday.
If you're ready to embark on this journey I am here to support you 100%. It especially helps if you have friends doing the cleanse with you, cause you're definitely gonna need all the support you can get.


If you have any questions, or have started the 40/40 cleanse, please feel free to email me at heyheychante@gmail.com.



Best of luck, my loves! Speak with ya soon.


- Chanté D.