Take A Watch: BoJack Horseman (A Netflix Original Series)


I like cartoons, like a lot. I actually prefer cartoons over any other form of television entertainment, and BoJack Horseman is a cartoon. A witty, smart, hilarious, and raw cartoon at that.


I first heard about BoJack Horseman from show's costar, Aaron Paul (Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad) via a Complex.com article that I barely looked at. Paul was encouraging fans to binge watch the show on Netflix - one of my favorite past times in which I take much pride in. Anyway, I didn't know it was a cartoon, and assumed it was gonna be some weird Breaking Bad rip-off Drama (clearly I don't have very high hopes for Aaron Paul. And am also a lazy reader). So long story short, I wrote-off the show.

Then, in a boredom stupor, I hopped onto Netflix and saw they had a new cartoon original series. I was slightly worried that it would be campy, but then I realized, it was Netflix and that wasn't going to happen.

Ten minutes into the first episode, I noticed one of the characters sounded exactly like Aaron Paul, I then paused the show, google'd the BoJack Horseman cast, and saw that this was the dopeness Paul was warning me about...


Needless to say the show is great. Not only is it hilarious, but it's gritty and real - yes, I know I am talking about a cartoon whose main character is a talking horse - but honestly, the show perfectly reflects the society in which we live in, and kinda makes you wanna get your sh*t together if you're a crappy, narcissistic, socially unaware, sociopath like myself.

That being said, you need to watch the f*cking show! Here's a trailer:


Enjoy, kids!